There are lots of recipes on Internet about “Cauliflower rice” or “Cauliflower couscous”. When I tried it, it appears to me more like a couscous than a rice, the consistency is really like semolina. My husband and kids love it and it is now part of our basic recipes.This is a Paleo, Gluten Free, lactose Free and Sugar free recipe!!
1 large cauliflower
1 tsp of nutmeg
2 tsp of turmeric
2 tsp of curry
4 spring onions
3 garlic cloves
1 large brown onion
2 tbsp of olive oil
- Wash and dry the cauliflower.
- Cut the cauliflower into quarters, removing the core of the cauliflower.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor. Usually I do it in 3 batches until the cauliflower looks like couscous. Some florets might stay large, if this is the case, put them aside, remove the chopped cauliflower and processed them again. Reserve the cauliflower in a large bowl.
- Chop the spring and brown onions.
- Warm the pan over medium heat, and add the onions. Cook them for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Then add the cauliflower, the spices and the salt.
- Stir the cauliflower with the onions.
- Add 5tbsp of water
- Add the cloves to the pan and cook it for 5-6 minutes, or until tender, depending on your preferences.
- You can serve it with chicken or as a main meal for a vegetarian and paleo dish.