Being French and Mediterranean, Provencal tians have always been part of our favorite dishes at home.
Tian is the oven-proof earthenware dish we traditionally cooked the vegetables in. In France, we usually serve if with a salad or with a grilled chicken beef. It is a very healthy meal as it only contains vegetables and just a little bit of olive oil.
3 medium green zucchini, cut into thin slices
1 large eggplant, cut into thin slice
3 medium tomatoes cut into 1 cm thick slices
1 large brown onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (optional)
2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease an oven proof-baking dish with olive oil and add the sliced zucchini, eggplants, onions and tomatoes alternating colors and overlapping them.
- Salt the dish
- Brush the vegetables with the remaining olive oil and some rosemary
- After cooking the vegetables for about 30 minutes, add 150ml of boiled water to the dish to avoid the vegetables to burn.
- Let them for another 30 minutes or until the vegetables begin to brown slightly. Serve with grilled chicken or beef.