Mushroom, almond and cashew patties are very easy to make.
These patties are made with mushrooms but you can use zucchini, carrots and anything else!!
Almond and cashew add an extra boost of protein and you can even make a double batch and freeze half for later!!
I have made this recipe for my lunch so I have used onion and garlic, but if you don't like them or are not digesting them well, they are optional, just remove them.
200g mushrooms (sliced)
2 large eggs
100g raw almonds
90g raw cashews
2 tbsp. of olive oil (for the pan)
1 large brown onion (optional)
1 handful of spinach leaves
1 garlic clove (optional)
Spinach leaves and
Here's the recipe, for 10 patties.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and cook the large onion on medium heat, then add the garlic clove (peeled and finely chopped). Then add the mushrooms and the spinach leaves. Cook until the onion is tender, for 6-8 minutes approximately.
- Add the almonds and cashews to your blender and mix them for 30 seconds on high speed or until the mixture looks like almond meal.
- Add the mushrooms and blend for 30 seconds on medium speed.
- In a large bowl beat 2 eggs and add the mushroom/almond mixture. Add salt (optional)
- Shape the mixture into round patties and place them on a piece of baking paper in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before frying. It is not a mandatory step but it is recommended for best cooking results.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and cook the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side. Bon appétit :)