Quinoa and Sweet potato patties are very easy to make.
When I make this recipe, I usually cook a little bit more quinoa than I should use for the recipe so that I can freeze the leftovers and use the quinoa during the week for another recipe. This will save me some time!
1 medium sweet potato
70g uncooked quinoa
1 large brown onion
3 garlic cloves
1,5 tbsp. of curry
40g of wholemeal flour
2 tbsp. of olive oil (for the pan)
Here's the recipe, for 10 patties.
- Cook one medium sweet potato in boiled water for 10 minutes (they should not be too soft but enough to make a puree). You need 400g of sweet potato. Pureed it in a big bowl. Reserve.
- Cook quinoa for 15". You need 200g cooked quinoa for the recipe.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and cook one large onion on medium heat, then add the garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped), and the curry. Cook until the onion is tender, for 6-8 minutes approximately. - Add the drained quinoa and onion mixture to the pureed sweet potato. Then add 1 beaten egg, the wholemeal flour, and the salt. - Shape the mixture into round patties and place them on a piece of baking paper in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before frying. It is not a mandatory step but it is recommended for best cooking results.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and cook the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve then with spinach leaves and tomatoes. Bon appétit :)