Here's the recipe, for 30-40 falafels (depending on the size).
- Place the chickpeas in a food processor and mix them for 30-60 seconds.
- Add the grated carrots and the onion to the chickpea mixture. Then add 1 beaten egg. Process for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the mixture in a large bowl and add 3 tbsp of coconut flour. Combine well.
- Add 3 tbsp of coconut flour in a plate and roll the falafels in the coconut flour, between the palm of your hands to form balls and until they are coated.
- In a large pan, heat coconut oil and fry the falafels on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, combine the yoghurt and cumin until well combine.
- Serve the carrot falafels with the cumin yoghurt dressing. Bon appétit :)
Notes: You can use almond meal if nuts are not a problem, or even breadcrumbs if you do not have wheat allergies/intolerances. On my side, I have used coconut flour as I have done them for my son lunchboxes so I can't use nuts.